|Srce (Classic FM)|
To this day, in his spare time, Hopkins enjoys reading, painting and continues playing piano (every day, in fact, if at home). His piano of choice is his very own Viennese Bosdendorfer (brand owned by Yamaha) grand piano. And the repertoire of choice? Hopkins enjoys playing works by Bach, Scriabin and Chopin, "... not to impress anyone but to keep the co-ordination of my hands and my brain as I get older,'' he told the New south Wales newspaper.
Hopkins, wanted to be a musician but didn't have the qualifications so he became an actor, instead, according to his interview with the Independent newspaper. In January, 2013, 74 year old Sir Anthony releases his compositions of orchestral works through the UK's Classic FM (world's biggest classical radio station) record label. So it's time for you to listen to some of Sir Anthony Hopkin's compositions, recorded by the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, which include 2 of his Film compositions for the films August and Slipstream. His composition was featured on a Classical Brits Award winning album in 2012. Well done Sir Anthony!
Comment below and let us know what you think!
- Hopkins swaps movies for music with piano tour [2007, Independent, UK]
- Anthony Hopkins - Hannibal hits the high notes with a classic performance (Independent, UK)
- Interview: Sir Anthony Hopkins, actor and musician (Scostman, UK)
- Sir Anthony Hopkins 'Composer': Actor Debuts First Album - 5 Actors Who've Turned To Music [Huffington Post UK]
- Anthony Hopkins, Film Composer, IFC Fix
- Anthony Hopkins interview on CBS Eye To Eye With Katie Couric; on composing for the film Slipstream